Cirque Berserk

By: Jessica Guess
5 stars

Beware here there be spoilers. Spoiler free review up on Goodreads here

If you like incredible POC characters please please pick this up. I put a link below but buy it from wherever you see fit.



The book is about a group of teens who end up going to a haunted location where terrible things happened in the past. 



Ok go away if you don't want to see a spolier!


Go....
Go....



This book reads like your favorite slasher. It's Scream, it's Nightmare on Elm Street, it's Halloween.

There are teenagers that break The Rules, they separate, they fool around, they get KILLED.
They do all the things you shouldn't do when it comes to horror. The main thing for me in this book however is a break from the Black person has to die troupe!!

It was so refreshing to see the Black character make intelligent choices. I was really already into the book but then BOOM. 

GO...its a big one...
Go...
Don't say I didn't warn you...




The black character gets to kill. I know that doesn't seem like much, but to me it was incredible. I get so excited when the Black or POC character doesn't die but, the excitement I got from one of the main murderers being a person of color?!  Its like a unicorn, you don't get many. Im so glad I found one!


Comments

Popular Posts