Coyote Songs

Coyote Songs
By: Gabino_Iglesias

I'm a fast reader always have been. Why am I telling you this? Because, I read this book much slower then I normally do. It is anxiety provoking, I'm still anxious, still worried. Not saying that's a bad thing you just really feel for these characters. 

The characters 
Alma
Pedrito
Jaime
The coyote 
The mother 
The bruja

Their stories are so different from each other but also so connected. There was pain, anger, grief, and love. The characters were well thought out and well written. I wanted to like them, I wanted them to prosper, I felt hurt for them, and wanted their stories to end positively. They all didn't end that way, but that's just like life its not always a happy ending.

 The other thing that made this book standout was the language. It reflected real life, in the way it switched between Spanish and English. It read like a lot of the people talk down here in the south. I was thankful for my translator though because the 6 years I took in Spanish did nothing for me. 

If you think this sounds like something you would enjoy check it out here

I'm gonna go hug my kid now..

Much love,
HH


Comments

Popular Posts